Link building is one of the most effective strategies to improve your website’s ranking, traffic, and authority. But what is link building, and how can you do it right? In this guide, I will explain everything you need to know about link building, from the basics to the best practices. I will also share with you how I use Backlinkboss, a site that allows me to build numerous quality links without spending a fortune.
What is Link Building?
Link building is the process of acquiring links from other websites that point to your own website. Links are like votes of confidence from other sites, telling search engines and users that your website is trustworthy, relevant, and valuable. The more links you have from high-quality and relevant sites, the higher your website will rank in search engine results pages (SERPs), and the more traffic you will get.
How to Get Valid Backlinks?
Not all links are created equal. Some links can boost your ranking, while others can harm it. To get valid backlinks, you need to follow some criteria, such as:
- Relevance: The links should come from sites that are related to your niche, industry, or topic. For example, if your website is about gardening, getting a link from a gardening blog is more valuable than getting a link from a gaming site.
- Authority: The links should come from sites that have high domain authority (DA) and page authority (PA), which are metrics that measure the trustworthiness and popularity of a site. You can check the DA and PA of a site using tools like Moz or Ahrefs. Generally, the higher the DA and PA, the better the link.
- Diversity: The links should come from different sources, such as blogs, news sites, forums, social media, etc. Having a variety of links shows that your website is well-rounded and has a natural link profile.
- Quality: The links should come from sites that have good content, design, and user experience. Avoid sites that have spammy, low-quality, or duplicate content, as they can negatively affect your ranking and reputation.
8 Tips to Do Organic Link Building
Organic link building is the process of earning links naturally, without paying or asking for them. Organic link building is the best way to get valid backlinks, as it shows that your website is genuinely valuable and worthy of being linked to. Here are some tips to do organic link building:
- Create high-quality content: Content is the king of link building. If you create content that is original, informative, engaging, and useful, you will attract more links from other sites that want to share your content with their audience. Some examples of link-worthy content are blog posts, guides, infographics, videos, podcasts, case studies, etc.
- Promote your content: Creating great content is not enough. You also need to promote it to reach more people and increase your chances of getting links. You can use various channels to promote your content, such as email, social media, forums, guest posting, etc. Make sure to target the right audience and platforms that are relevant to your niche and content.
- Build relationships: Link building is not just about links, but also about relationships. You need to build relationships with other website owners, bloggers, influencers, and experts in your niche, and provide value to them. You can do this by commenting on their blogs, sharing their content, mentioning them in your content, sending them feedback, etc. By building rapport and trust, you can increase your opportunities to get links from them in the future.
- Use outreach: Outreach is the process of contacting other website owners or bloggers and asking them to link to your content. Outreach can be very effective if done right, but it can also be very challenging and time-consuming. To increase your success rate, you need to follow some best practices, such as:
- Personalize your email: Don’t use generic or spammy templates. Instead, write a personalized and friendly email that addresses the recipient by name, compliments their work, and explains why your content is relevant and valuable to them and their audience.
- Be specific: Don’t ask for a link in general, but rather for a link to a specific piece of content that matches their site and topic. Also, suggest where they can place the link, such as in an existing post, a new post, a resource page, etc.
- Provide value: Don’t just ask for a favor, but also offer something in return. For example, you can offer to share their content, write a guest post, give a testimonial, etc. This way, you can make your request more appealing and reciprocal.
- Monitor and analyze your links: Link building is not a one-time thing, but an ongoing process. You need to monitor and analyze your links regularly, to see how they are performing, what results they are bringing, and what improvements you can make. You can use tools like Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Moz, Ahrefs, etc. to track and measure your links, such as their number, source, quality, traffic, conversions, etc.
How to Analyze Backlinks Quality?
As mentioned earlier, not all backlinks are equal. Some backlinks can help your ranking, while others can hurt it. Therefore, you need to analyze your backlinks quality, to see which ones are beneficial and which ones are harmful, and take action accordingly. Here are some steps to analyze your backlinks quality:
- Use a backlink checker tool: A backlink checker tool is a tool that allows you to see all the backlinks pointing to your website, and get various metrics and data about them, such as their source, anchor text, DA, PA, etc. Some examples of backlink checker tools are Moz, Ahrefs, SEMrush, etc. You can use these tools to get a comprehensive overview of your backlink profile, and identify the good and bad links.
- Check the relevance: The first thing to check is the relevance of the backlinks, which means how related they are to your niche, industry, or topic. You can do this by looking at the domain name, the content, and the context of the link. For example, if your website is about gardening, a link from a gardening blog is more relevant than a link from a gaming site. The more relevant the backlinks are, the better they are for your ranking and reputation.
- Check the authority: The next thing to check is the authority of the backlinks, which means how trustworthy and popular they are. You can do this by looking at the DA and PA of the sites, as well as other indicators, such as the traffic, the social media presence, the reviews, etc. For example, a link from a site with a DA of 80 is more authoritative than a link from a site with a DA of 20. The higher the authority of the backlinks are, the more they can boost your ranking and credibility.
- Check the diversity: The third thing to check is the diversity of the backlinks, which means how varied they are in terms of their source, type, and location. You can do this by looking at the domain extension, the platform, the anchor text, the position, etc. For example, a link from a .edu site is more diverse than a link from a .com site. A link from a blog post is more diverse than a link from a directory. A link from the body of the content is more diverse than a link from the footer. The more diverse the backlinks are, the more they can improve your ranking and visibility.
- Check the quality: The last thing to check is the quality of the backlinks, which means how good they are in terms of their content, design, and user experience. You can do this by looking at the readability, the grammar, the spelling, the layout, the navigation, the loading speed, etc. For example, a link from a site that has good content, design, and user experience is more quality than a link from a site that has poor content, design, and user experience. The higher the quality of the backlinks are, the more they can enhance your ranking and reputation.
How to Use Backlink service provider to Build Quality Links?
Backlinkboss is a site that allows you to build numerous quality links to increase the positioning of your website, without investing thousands of euros. Backlinkboss has a team of experts who can create and distribute high-quality content to various sites that are relevant and authoritative, and get you backlinks from them. They offers various packages and plans that suit your needs and budget, and guarantees you the best results.
I have been using Backlinkboss for a while, and I can say that it is one of the best link building services I have ever used. Backlinkboss has helped me to improve my website’s ranking, traffic, and authority, and has saved me a lot of time and money. Here are some of the benefits of using their service:
A detailed report of your link building campaign, where you can see the number of links, the source, the DA, the PA, the anchor text, the traffic, the conversions, etc. Backlinkboss also provides you with a dedicated account manager, who can answer your questions, give you suggestions, and update you on the progress.
If you want to boost your website’s ranking, traffic, and authority, and save time and money, I highly recommend you to try Backlinkboss. It’s the site that allows you to build numerous quality links without investing thousands of euros. Check their official page and see for yourself.
I hope you enjoyed this guide on why link building is important and how to do it right. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below. And don’t forget to share this post with your friends and colleagues who might benefit from it. Thanks for reading!